Friday, December 11, 2015

Moshi Moshi Nippon - Modelling for 6% Doki Doki!

(Sorry for the terrible photo quality I could only find tiny pictures T_T)

日本語のブログポスト

Hey!

So I had the most amazing opportunity to model for the famous Harajuku brand 6% Doki Doki as a part of Sebastian Masuda's 'THE SHOW' at the Moshi Moshi Festival event a month ago. I was totally taken by surprise when I got an email asking if I wanted to model for them but of course I said yes!! 6% is the epitome of all things colourful and crazy, which is exactly what I'm about! Since this was my first proper catwalk/show experience I was super nervous.




We rehearsed for two days before the actual show. As well as posing and walking the catwalk we had to dance. I was totally fine with the dancing part but I have to admit there were times when the language barrier became a problem. Everyone was really kind and helped me when I didn't understand and always made conversation with me so I never felt left out ;_;


On the day of the show I was really nervous (and really tired omg do not make me wake up before 10am). We were in hair and make up for about 6 hours, because we needed to look our kawaiiest of course. I had extra braids added to my hair and also a huge heart and flower head piece. For my make up I was given a blue fringe (??) and pink flower lashes and pink glitter lips. I kept eating the glitter off my lips though...mmm plastic. 


The show went so well!! Everyone was spot on and I was so happy that my friends came to watch and support me. It meant a lot that they all made the effort to come, so thank you guys! I wanted to see them after but we were ushered away for official photos and then back to the shop for more photos. I also saw Kyary Pamyu Pamyu backstage?!?! We then went out for Korean chicken as a little celebratory after party and Amy from Sugarpill came too! I was so happy I got to talk to her (and also translate for her and Sebastian haha). 


I'm so happy I was given the opportunity to do it and thank you so much to the 6% Doki Doki team and Sebastian Masuda for making it a great experience!!

Choom xoxo 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Choom. All rights reserved.